Monday, June 30, 2008

An Orange July Kick-Off

I am excited to begin my personal challenge to read "Orange" books throughout the month of July. Orange July is my personal commitment to read books that have won or been nominated for the Orange Prize. I will post my reviews here as well as my blog.

Actually, I have already started my first Orange Book - Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. A lot of my blog and LT friends have raved about this book, and at only 130 pages in, I can see why. After Half of a Yellow Sun, I will start The Gathering by Anne Enwright.

I hope you will consider joining me for an Orange July. Remember, there are no rules, no minimums and no reviews required. You can commit to read only one book or 20. It's up to you! Please leave me a comment on my blog if you plan on participating so I can check your blog for your reviews.

I think July will shape up to be a great reading month! Have fun!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Love the orange books image Jill! I'm ready! Have my books all lined up in the order I THINK I'll read them.

Glad you're liking 1/2 Yellow Sun.

T.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

yeah, I should get with it and read some with you!!! I have Half a Yellow Sun and Have been wanting to read it. Ummm yes. I will certainly read at least one!! :)