Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Orange July Reading List

July 1 is just a few days away, and I have many wonderful books to choose for Orange July - a personal challenge to read at least one book that has been nominated for or won the Orange Prize. This is the second annual Orange July, and it's taken off like wildfire. I am so excited! I hope you'll consider joining us Orange Lovers for a great month of reading.


My Orange Books

WINNERS:

Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels (1997)
Larry's Party by Carol Shields (1998)

SHORT LIST:
I Was Amelia Earhart by Jane Mendelsohn (1997)
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters (2002)
The Accidental by Ali Smith (2006)

LONG LIST:
La Cucina by Lily Prior (2002)
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (2003)
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (2004)
What Was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn (2007)
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (2009)

I will be starting with The Namesake, and we'll see what happens after that. Though it's not required, if you do write a review about an Orange July book, please consider leaving a copy of your review on the Orange Prize Project blog so others can view it.


Twitter Users

Please use the hashtag #orangejuly if you tweet about Orange July.



Enjoy your Orange July!

1 comment:

Juliann said...

I have just joined up with the Yahoo group and after saying I wasn't going to join challenges! I have Inglorious and The Accidental on my nightstand now and Home is waiting for me at the library so that is a good beginning.