Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 Long List Announced!

The Orange Prize committee has announced the 2011 Long List:
  • Lyrics Alley, by Leila Aboulela
  • Jamrach's Menagerie, by Carol Birch
  • Room, by Emma Donoghue
  • The Pleasure Seekers, by Tishani Doshi
  • Whatever You Love, by Louise Doughty
  • A Visit from the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan
  • The Memory of Love, by Aminatta Forna
  • The London Train, by Tessa Hadley
  • Grace Williams Says it Loud, by Emma Henderson
  • The Seas, by Samantha Hunt
  • The Birth of Love, by Joanna Kavenna
  • Great House, by Nicole Krauss
  • The Road to Wanting, by Wendy Law-Yone
  • The Tiger's Wife, by Téa Obreht
  • The Invisible Bridge, by Julie Orringer
  • Repeat it Today with Tears, by Anne Peile
  • Swamplandia!, by Karen Russell
  • The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives, by Lola Shoneyin
  • The Swimmer, by Roma Tearne
  • Annabel, by Kathleen Winter
Which ones do you think will make the short list? Announcement for that on 12 April 2011

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My votes is for: Room, A Visit from the Goon Squad, The Tiger's Wife, and The Invisible Bridge. some of these I've never heard :)

Both Sides Now said...

My vote would go to 'Room'

Buried In Print said...

I've only read Room so far, but I'll be reading my way through the longlist (at least as many as I can get overseas), so I'll have a better idea in a few weeks. Love this time of year!

Nickelini said...

The only one I've read is Annabel, and it definitely deserves to be on the list. I have The Swimmer waiting for me to read and it looks really good. The others are just waiting for me to discover, I guess!